Sunday, August 7, 2011

Kitchen gadgets I love

When I saw him for the first time in Costco I wasn't blow away, but there was just something about that little round, pasty white body that was calling to me.  But I took a chance one day after yet another relationship went south, and it was the start of a beautiful love affair.



I am talking about my rice cooker.  This little guy seems like a frivilous expense; yet another gadget to junk up the counter.  With time I have learned the intricacies of loving him, and he is now something I would never want to part with.  Not only does he make my favorite side dish almost perfectly every time, he is much more than that.  I have cooked spanish rice with him, made my favorite steel cut oatmeal and steamed chicken and veggies while my rice is cooking.  Not only that, I have a whole recipe book of exciting new opportunities with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment