Friday, July 22, 2011

Mary Kay Seminar Day 2

I am still very happy to be at seminar learning everything I need to know to be successful in my business.  I have not been treating myself as a business woman.  I can't remember the last time I did a facial or called a customer for reorders.  Just before I left for seminar I had a customer call me, she asked if I had.  fallen off the planet.  I jokingly replied that I kind of had but I was slowly getting back on.  That is actually the truth.  Mary Kay refers to the pink bubble.  The pink bubble is the atmosphere that develops when consultants get together at an event.  I have not been in the bubble for so long I forgot how nice it can be to be with people who can share your vision for what you are trying to do.

Now don't go thinking I have gone over the edge or lost my mind or anything.  I have goals for myself, but they aren't going to take over my life, like I know they could.
These are my goals:
1.  To work my business consistently all year long.
2.  To work 2 days a week at my Mary Kay as well as 2 days a week at my nursing job.
3.  To meet as many new people as I can.
4.  To help women feel the confidence that having great skin and wearing makeup, knowing that what they are wearing looks great on them, can provide.
5.  Keep my goals in front of me so I will not forget what I am working towards.
6.  To keep adding to my goals so that I neevr grow so comfortable that I forget to grow.

Then there was the awards ceremony.  Oh my God!  I want to wear some of those dresses.  I am not usually a crier but seeing some of the women that were on stage accepting awards and the pride in their husbands faces, I have to admit I teared up a little.  I am sure there will be more on this later but right now the band is playing "I love rock and roll" and I want to dance, so later!

No comments:

Post a Comment