Saturday, May 10, 2014

Back to work, week 1

I did it!  I made it through my first week back at work.  I am so glad I listened to my charge nurse when she suggested I start back with three eights instead of one eight and two twelves like I usually work.  The leg held up remarkable well, considering.   I felt twinges of pain when pushing heavy beds or walking backwards but with a little rest and elevation I recovered fairly quickly.
The funny thing was whenever someone would see me with my leg elevated they would ask if I was comfortable.  I got so annoyed I finally started snapping at people, "No,  I'm not comfortable,  I have a blood clot."  That really shut some of them up.   I live the look on a doctors face when they just realized they upset a sick person.
I didn't realize how much I missed my coworkers while I was gone.   I got a lot of hugs,  and welcome back Heather's.  It was really nice.
This Saturday we headed I to New Braunfels to spend some time with my mom for Mother's day.   It was really nice and wound up talking them into desert at the gluten free bakery.   I actually asked of they would let me work there on a volunteer basis.   I would love to work in a bakery because I know I would lose my appetite and lose weight like crazy.  Maybe I should look for a local bakery to start working for on my days off.   I think if I could combine baking,  cooking and writing I would have the perfect career.   To that effect look out for more recipe blogs posts in my near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment